Monday, May 9, 2011

The Beard and I: Our first anniversary

So about a year ago I decided to start growing a beard. I don't know what made me do it. It may have been me looking for a way to "re-invent" myself or possibly it was just severe depression that LOST was coming to an end, coupled with my own quiet respect for the mighty lumberjack. Who knows what possesses a man to do the things he does? What I can say is that I'm happy I have ventured over to the side of those with facial follicles a plenty. At first I was a little scared that once in full bloom I would be mistaken for some wannabe trendy hipster (a fate worse than death in my eyes) who was growing a beard because "I didn't care how people viewed me" but then I realized most hipsters wouldn't be wandering around in pajama pants and an authentic personalized Cleveland browns jersey 90% of his time (but so help me if they do start, the next place I write this blog from will be from the prison library where I'm serving time for the Jersey City hipster murders), so I just went with it. It's been a cool ride so far and I figured I'd include some pics of me and my beard & the Hijinks we've shared so far this year.


Let me start by showing me when the beard first started. Clearly I was in a sad place and only good could come from this new venture.....


....Here we are getting to meet Andy Richter.....would this have happened without my new grizzled look?...I highly doubt it.....




.....And here we are a few months in at my old job. I say my old job because my entire department was axed about 5 months into this beard project......I'm sure that had nothing to do with it (I mean showing up to work looking like a crazed hobo is always a good thing, right?)......


....Next up was our Emmy win for awesomeness in the bearded arts....



....One day I woke up and realized the beard taking on its own personality (Kinda like the Venom symbiote of beards)...most people would fear this....I just strapped in for the ride...



.....Here's the time we got elected mayor of the leprechaun parade....good times had by all....



.....sadly these good times did not last as I woke up in Mexico and had apparently become a bandito.....but that's a much different story for a much different day.....



.....after our return from Mexico we started a lounge act to pay our way back home....



......and here I am at our lowest .... I realized at this point the beard was fully in control and I needed to take some power back.....


....a few trims later and all seems to be back on track. We are sharing a fair balance of my persona at this point and I even got him a Thor crown for his first Birthday



....It's been a wild year and I cant wait to see what adventures the future holds for us both....but first as an added bonus for the blog readers here's a picture of us post shower getting ready for a night out on the town (Ohhh Lord, why did I upload this one?).....


....Well see you when we see you folks.....





No comments:

Post a Comment